Posted on September 7th, 2006 by ame
An easy to use commercial web frontend for the afbackup backup programm.
AFBackup Manager is a backup system that can be operated over the web that wants to be easy to use.
AFBackup Manager is a Webmin module for easy administration of backup tasks. It is a commercial frontend for the free backup tool afbackup. The focus of the frontend is simple, comprehensible operation. Unnecessary features are left asside. AFBackup Manager's target users are SOHOs, that need a reliable, easy to use backup system which they can depend on.
static Demo (instead of screenshots)
- Integrated with Webmin, a web based system administration tool.
- Editing of afbackup configuration files is not necessary but still possible.
- Installation of automatic backups - both full and incremental.
- Feature to start backups manualy.
- Management of tapes and tape sets.
- Complete restore in the same place or into a different directory.
- Browsing of all stored files and restore of specific files.
- Status display.
- Requests to change a tape over email.
- Context sensitive online help.
You can order AFBackup Manager full and update versions and at eSellerate: eSellerate Online Shop
- afbackup from version 3.3.7pl6 upwards
- Linux kernel from version 2.4.20 upwards
- preinstalled Webmin from version 0.9.2 upwards
- Perl 5 with Proc::ProcessTable
- A programm to access the tape drive (mt or mtx)
- an installed, functioning SCSI tape drive (the purchase price does not include any support for the setup and installation of the tape drive)
timeoututility from the TCT toolkit. This is only necessary if you want to timeout tape status opertations because your tape/driver is too slow to respond.
globmanpage from the manpages repository. Supplements the AFBM documentation.